One of the things that always amuses me about being a beauty expert and former celebrity makeup artist is the fact that people assume I will know the ideal product for their skin/lifestyle/budget immediately upon meeting them. I often do, but for the most part there isn’t a one size fits all solution to finding the perfect product for you.
That said, these are the products that my poor winter-parched skin is responding best to this winter. I stress *this winter* because like everything else in life nothing is perfectly consistent year after year after year.
If you’re looking to add a moisture surge to your day, you might love these products too:
- CND Solar oil: Use on your cuticles before bed or while watching TV. It’s an easy way to keep your cuticles from looking ragged and ratty. Be aware that for some people, using a cuticle oil will cause gel or powder manicures to separate from nail bed, so you might be saving your cuticles but ruining your mani.
- Virtue Restorative Treatment Mask: Gather round children as I tell you about one of the most amazing hair masks of all time. I have baby-fine hair so I never use this near my hairline or roots, but instead deep condition my ponytail for about 20 minutes at a time. I’ll be doing a full post on deep conditioning sometime soon. Or at least that’s the plan. Incidentally, this one is really pricey, but in my opinion definitely worth the splurge.
- Shiseido Benefiance Wrinkle Smoothing Eye Cream + BenefianceWrinkle Smoothing Cream: I often notice that women get put off by the word “wrinkle” in a product description. Here’s the thing, if a product targets wrinkles, it can also work to plump and smooth, so you won’t have to worry about all of those wrinkles you never noticed until last weekend. As splurges go, I’d say these are affordable luxuries since each product runs under $100.00. Are they worth it? Most emphatically yes, but I don’t know your budget or skin type. We’ll talk about drugstore picks as well, so unworry.
- Beauty Sleep Elixir by Beuti: I’m told that this is a royal fam favorite over in the U.K. Can we guarantee that Duchess Kate is delicately slathering this over her poreless perfect face before bed? Probably not, but I’d like to think that she does. This is a lovely deeper moisturizing treatment that doesn’t feel gloopy. You can try patting some in after a shower when the humidity will help the product penetrate and not sit on the top layer of skin.
- Ahava Mineral Hand Cream: If you worry about your hands looking or feeling dry or crepey, this hand cream is about to become your go-to product. I don’t know about you, but I wash my hands about a bazillion times a day and my hands can feel extra tight or even itchy during the winter. This is the one hand cream that keeps my hands soft through several washings. It also contains Dead Sea minerals and the smell is heavenly.
Meanwhile, you probably already know that drinking lots of water, eating foods with healthy fats like avocados and walnuts and using a humidifier will also help skin look less parched this time of year.